Rabu, 02 Mei 2012

3.INVITATION


3.INVITATION
     Invitation is a way to invite someone or more to go to a place or to do something.
There are two types of invitation.
FORMAL INVITATION
  Formal invitation is usually originate from Institutes, Companies and a kind of it. Normally formal invitation is written invitation.


  INFORMAL INVITATION
 Informal invitation is personal invitation given to a friend, family, etc. Informal invitation can be written invitation and verbal invitation.


In making a written invitation, you must be careful to include the following information:
1. your full address;
2. the date, time, and place;
3. any necessary explanation regarding the kind of event or programme.

 How to write an invitation
•       An invitation can speak volumes about the occasion itself--make sure your invites send the right message before they go in the mail. A professional invite can be more encouraging to the invite, even if they don't want to attend.
  Writing an invitation letter
    An invitation letter serves the purpose of inviting a guest to a party, an event or a celebration while conveying more information than a traditional invitations card.
   It serves two purposes :
                1. to invite the individual to the event
                2. to ensure that the person receiving the letter is going to attend.




Target Language:
1.Giving Invitations:
•       What are you doing on (day/date)?
•       Would you like to. . .?
•       How about. . .?
•       Do you want to. . .with me?
•       I'd like to invite you to. . .
•       How would you like to go  camping with us next month?
•       If you are not busy, please try to come to my office
•       Are you free this evening?
•       Let’s go to the Jazz Festival!
2.Accepting Invitations:
•       Thanks! That sounds like fun.
•       Sure. Thank you for the invitation.
•       When is it?
•       What time does it start/end?
•       Let's meet at. . .
•       What date/day is it?
•       That would be wonderful
•       I’d be glad to


3.Refusing invitations:
•       No, thank you.
•       I'm sorry, but I have to. . .
•       Thanks, but I have another appointment at that time.
•       I can't. I'm sorry.
•       I’d love to, but I can’t
•       I’m really sorry because I can’t come
•       Sorry, I’m really busy

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar